Thursday, August 7, 2008

Forever Hangover

Ok, this post is yet another fruit of the Passion Manila aftermath! I know I know! You maybe wondering what on earth is this blogger again gonna blog about –Passion Manila – whuuut?!?! Then you would stop reading... HA.HA.HA!

Just think of it this way – you just arrived home from a wonderful event or let’s say concert (and now let me use the very recent A.Keys concert, that I wasn’t able to go to...) and you wanna tell everyone how nice, how great, how cool, how fantastic Alicia Keys was on the concert. On how you shouted your lungs out and joined with the crowd and blah and blah and blah. Or maybe you just can’t contain how the event was soooooo uber successful that EVERYONE totally EVERYONE enjoyed it.

But, but, BUT!!! The event I'm referring to wasn’t even a concert. It’s not any near than a ‘sit-in’ concert! It’s not an event where the audience are mere watchers. It’s not a SIMPLE event. It’s a GRACIOUS event.

It’s an event that’s all for HIM. It’s where the audience participate – united and with ONE HEART. An event where the audience didn’t just scream their heart out but their souls; where the audience danced and jumped; and where the audience humbly lifted up their hands. It’s where the main attraction is someone who is RENOWNED universally!!! It’s actually INDESCRIBABLE. AWESOME. AMAZING. WOW. WOW. WOW.

So i’ll stop before this would end up yet another looooong entry. And so I just want to reiterate that i’ll be having this hangover ---- FOREVER!

From time to time I’m visiting the 268blog to refresh and to remind me of that night and how 7000++ youth responded YES LORD (no ifs, no buts, no excuses) and how I wish we knew each other and would constantly be a reminder to each and every one. If only each one of the 7000++ would be able to bring even just A SOUL, how lovely that would be. I’m keeping this in my prayers... I’m praying that our flames would keep burning and keep longing for more of HIM. I wanna be insane for Him. And FOR HIS RENOWN, I would be a fruitcake together with the others like those from KL and Jakarta (oh yes, try to visit 268blog about Passion KL &Jakarta and see for yourself how the youths of a Muslim-dominant-nation were moved by God, 500++ & 800++ comments and counting!)

Just wanna share some photos (credits to Jez, Tine and BeccaMusic):



and can you still remember this wristband/wrist-strap/Passion strap worn last Aug.1??
[EDIT](Jez! I just noticed that the watermarks of your photos here were overlapped by the frames, my bad, really am sorry... Credits to Jezreel Faith Manugue)[/EDIT]
Guess what?? I'm still wearing it up until this moment I'm typing!!! Now praying for Johannesburg, SA!

taken: August 5, 2008

*********

Last night, because my night class was cancelled, I got the chance to attend our church’s midweek service. And oh WOW! I loved the way I’m longing to worship HIM. Also, the last night’s sermon was about why do men experience trials? As much as I want to share it ALL outta here, I think I won’t since it’s kinda long and has many points. Allow me to share with you this verse:

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
- 1 Peter 4:12-14

All over again, it made me realize, cliché it may seem -- TRIALS MAKE US STRONG. We are experiencing trials because He wants to mold us into a far better person. Plus, no matter how many trials one encounters, let us not forget that He is always with us, He is our helper, and He will never leave us.
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."
So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?"
-Hebrews 13:5-6

So whenever you experience trials, think of how a sword is made, how pencils are sharpened, how pots are molded, and how Jesus suffered before He resurrected and was glorified.


**********

Random Whateverisms

Also, also of course! I already have the Breaking Dawn aka BD. Got it last Monday, the release date of course, and was surprised that it came with a free Powerbooks notebook. Cooool... haha!! But still, I’m stuck at chapter 3, boo yeah?!

Tomorrow would be 08.08.08 (August 8, 2008) :
  • A once in a lifetime date
  • My precious Chrys Ann Grace’s debut
  • Opening of the Olympics – Go Team Philippines!!!
Oh, oh and OH!!!

We’re (me and thesismates) already done writing our thesis. Praise God, yeah?! All we have to do is pray and prepare for our thesis defense on Aug 16.

I’m so happy to meet a wonderful fruitcake slash servant of God slash online buddy like you
(yes, you, you whom I hate for having that L-sized Passion World tour shirt;who travelled 5-hours just to get to PhilSports arena and; who won the Candy teenblog awards... haha!)


oh no, not a long post again...

You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same...
You are amazing God...


No comments: