Monday, May 10, 2010

89. I voted cos I can


I woke up early despite being deprived of sleep for I know that this day marks the day of transformation. I wanted to be an instrument of change and I did. I have a say from this day onwards. I voted cos I can.



I queued for almost 4 hrs, under the sun (I swear my back and right arm are now darker), without breakfast, and amidst the annoying, complaining and screaming people. I really can't blame them but how I wish people should just start knowing then following procedures first before complaining. It's sad that people gave up their right and once-every-six-years chance of deciding for this country's future just because of having no patience. It's not 'SAYANG' at all to queue for at least an hour if you know it's your future and the generations' next to you that is at stake. Do you get to queue and vote everyday? On the other side, COMELEC locally should've came up of a more well-organized and systematic way of queuing and numbering than calling 1 to 26 then jump to 101. Since when did 101 come after 26? We, people should learn more patience and being considerate.

And now that results are being announced partially, Aquino is on the lead with Binay leading the VP. And yeah, I am assuming that it's because of his AMAZING STORIES that Revilla is leading in the senate position. Let's just hope that there'd be no more sex scandals as he is "performing too well" to handle something like that again. Those that I voted aren't on the lead. Le sigh.
And wait, there's more. ERAP? Like, people really wanted to reelect him??

Let this election be a good first step for the next coming years. I'm still hoping for the coming 60% votes to be as wise as it can be or else you'll see that finger up there changed into a taller one.

God bless the Philippines. God heal our land.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
-2 Chronicles 7:14

1 comment:

Jam said...

I was really upset when people started giving up their hopes dahil sa sobrang init. They're like, "Wag ka nang bumoto. Ang haba ng pila. Ang init init." I was like, "WTF?" People are too impatient. What is an hour or two falling in line, waiting for your number to be called for you to cast your vote? It's for our own sake rin naman, ah. Can't they just realize that? :| We're talking about our future here. :|