Monday, February 25, 2013

147. Monday Musings on Monday Blues

I don’t know if it’s just Monday Blues version of Monday Musings but there is this sad weird annoying feeling in me. I’m a normal human being who has her own set of insecurities and frustrations and for some reason today, I felt like everything is in front of me! A lot of questions flashed in the insides of my brain. At one point I felt like this time I was sure that I am having a quarter-life crisis. It’s hard to feel good. I stuffed myself with sweets (like I don’t always already do). Listening to Christian music helped (thank you Chris Tomlin, Michael Gungor and Desperation Band for accompanying me). But I keep on thinking. Am I the only one who’s like this? Whose mind just don’t pause on thinking and when it thinks of the not-so-good stuff it’s like fuelled even more to think negatively. I guess there are just times like this (apart from the monthly PMS-ing).


And then I remembered Pastor Joey’s preaching last Sunday cored around a verse in Nehemiah, made me feel somehow at ease. And then I turned to Him. I opened my black notebook and scribbled my prayer.

“The God of heaven will give us success.”
-Nehemiah 2:20

And then I came to realize that it all boils down to my worries. And it’s written in the Scripture not to worry. And whatever I’m worried about, of my insecurities con frustrations (or frustrations con insecurities), again, paulit-ulit, I lift them up to the Most High and hold on to this declaration in Nehemiah, my God of heaven will give me success.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life. (Matthew 6:26-27)

No comments: