Sunday, April 4, 2010

more than just eggs and bunnies



Today is Easter Sunday, a day when Easter eggs and bunnies come to play, when kids and young adults alike enjoy egg hunting, but have they thought of today's true essence?



What did the angel said to those who came looking for His body:
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."
(Matthew 28:1-10 )


Easter is like the culmination of a week celebration. A day when He like "showed-off", He's God after all. He has risen. You guys, from the dead. Yes it is amazing that He rose from the dead. That is His awesomeness, His magnificence, Him being God. But the culmination wouldn't be that good if not because of the past days and activities that happened before it. His resurrection is just a bonus. What He did on the cross is what's far more important and what makes me shrink whenever I remember. He died for you and me, that we may live. That we may have eternal life. Salvation. And just like any other programs, there may be aftermath, and that lies to anyone who believes, including me or you -- to spread the word...

---

Oh look, who's posting here again. I told you, I wouldn't just ignore and let you go. I'm in a pensive mood. I also remembered that I started this blog because of what He has done to me one awesome day. It's been a while since I wrote something like this in here and so I decided what my thoughts about Easter. Jot jot jot...

Cause I know that You're alive. You came to fix my broken life and I'll sing to glorify Your Holy Name, Jesus Christ.
p.s. The photo is a shot of one of the mountains near Taal volcano.



----------------
Now playing: Lakewood Church Worship - Friend of God
via FoxyTunes

No comments: