Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Musings: The Power of Introverts


Squeezed in 19-minutes of my time just to watch this because if there is one person I know who understands who I am, that is her, Susan Cain, the writer of the book "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking". I am not yet done reading the book but as I read along, I am amazed by how the pages seem like they talk to me personally. In short, I can greatly relate.

Susan Cain did an extensive research and provided a whole lot of references on her book and watching her talk in this video made my day like she was bringing out something in me. Hahaha ang drama and feeling close. You might find it weird but in this world where according to her, the "culture of personality" is greatly approved of, there is someone like Susan Cain who strongly believes in the power of those people who prefer to be alone. Only a fellow introvert would very much relate.

I am one with her vision. I believe in the power of introverts. Thank you Susan for making me feel that it's totally alright to choose solitude or being alone with my book, choosing to talk the least in a group discussion or brainstorming, that it's okay to not jump right away into things that seem socially acceptable. And I am one with the vision, that despite my being introvert, I would certainly allow the rest of the world to see what's in my suitcase.

No comments: