Monday, August 6, 2012

130. Monday Musings: Hello August


There is the rushing feeling inside me whenever July is torn from or is flipped on the calendar and I see that August is already the month. September comes next and then it's again the end of the year. August rush eh? But, yes, I do feel like everything's rushing as soon as August's up. And what I'm thinking now is this "August, you're up and I must already have done something big but I feel like there isn't big. I am starting to feel frustrated but no, I guess there were these little things I have accomplished and these shall fuel me. I must do more..." Self-helping, I read these quotes already compiled on one of my favorite blogs, Mark and Angel Hack Life -- never fails to pick me up and put me back on my senses. I find these words very encouraging and hopefully, these words remain ringing in my head. Bring it August!

  1. Just because you are struggling does NOT mean you are failing.  Every great success requires some kind of struggle to get there.
  2. Don’t think too much, or you’ll create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place.
  3. Thinking too long about doing something is often the reason it never gets done.
  4. There are seven days in the week and someday isn’t one of them.
  5. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
  6. It’s easier to take a small action now instead of a big action ’some day.’
  7. What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while.
  8. Don’t carry your mistakes around with you.  Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones.
  9. Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing.
  10. Your mistakes should be your motivation, not your excuses.
  11. No matter how long you have traveled in the wrong direction, you always have the choice to turn around.
  12. You don’t drown by falling in the water.  You drown by staying there.
  13. Stop looking back at the door shutting behind you before you walk past the door opening in front of you.
  14. In order to be creative, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
  15. Don’t worry about others doing better than you.  Concentrate on beating your own records every day.  Success is a battle between YOU and YOURSELF only.
  16. If you want to get over a problem, stop mulling it over and talking about it.  Your mind affects your mouth, and your mouth affects your mind.  It’s nearly impossible to move beyond something when you’re obsessing over it.
  17. The only difference between an obstacle and an opportunity is your attitude. 
  18. You have three choices in life: Give up, give in, or give it all you’ve got.
  19. No matter how many times you break down, there should always be a little voice inside you that says, “NO, you’re not done yet!  Get back up!”  That’s the voice of passion and courage.
  20. Approach the start of each day with one goal and end the day with one word: DONE!

No comments: