Saturday, February 27, 2010

For I know the plans I have for you ...


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
--Jeremiah 29:11


This is one of my favorite verses and the one I've been holding to and the very verse of the midweek service I've attended to last Wednesday and right then and there, I knew my Potter is reassuring me of His plans-beyond-my-human-imagination for me.



Indeed. He is just so marvelous and awesome.

Thursday, while I was enjoying the last day of being enslaved by Korean students (don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and I love my students.), while I was enjoying the oh-I-can-surf-the-net-all-I-can-again moment, I got a text message:


We're glad to inform you that you are shortlisted for the position you applied for. Please wait for further instructions on the next step.

Thank you God, are the words I uttered to myself. I prayed and thanked and praised Him.

On that same day...

Rrrrrrrrring went my phone. I unplugged the earphones from my ears and answered:

Yoboseyo??

Ok, just kidding.

Hello?
Hello. Is this Marie (yes, most people read my Merie as Marie) Sheryl Clarete?
Yes, this is
Merie.Hi, how are you?
I'm good.
Ok then, good. I just would like to inform you that you are one of the shortlisted candidates for ~insert position and company here~
*moment of silence*
And I would like to invite you tomorrow 1:30PM.
The line is chappy, I'm sorry?
Please come here at 1:30PM tomorrow.
Oh, ok!
Ok, bye.
Bye.


I sort of cut the long conversation short. I composed myself and tried not to shout, but I shrieked. God is really this GOOD! ALL THE TIME! Those were two different companies, by the way.

On Monday, marks a new chapter in my life. A day that would begin another path. Rocky or smooth, curvy or straight, uphill and downhill, I would be glad to walk on it for I know, my God never fails and He's always with me. I'll put a brave face on. Let me face the challenges and see for myself a wide array of discoveries. For now, this is what He gave me. Maybe my plans aren't for me for now. Maybe this path will lead me there as well. I'm not yet giving up.

Julo and I had again our version of photoshoot that same day (Thursday) and this is my favorite shot:

other photos are somewhere in Julo's Tumblr and Multiply

1 comment:

kristine said...

yay! hahaha. see you soon, merie ;) hahaha.

and yeah, God is really good. ;)