Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Won and so be it...

You must really be living inside a cave or you don't care at all if you don't know that Obama won. Barack Obama! I was actually rooting for McCain but anyway what's the point when they're not running for Philippine presidency -- it's just that U.S. is such a big nation and an influential one so this presidency thingy is a big deal. Obama undoubtedly won, he's got the stars to back him up, hello Oprah, and his massive campaign just on the internet paid off! He's loved by the media. He's young. He's black and others even said he's handsome. He plans to make the Americans themselves better. He wants to accomplish so many things amidst this global crisis. He talks to much, I could say, or I just see him all over the net than McCain. Obama winning a historical win - the first-ever Black American/ African-American president - I can already say that democracy resides in the US of A. I am not against Obama, I actually feel glad that finally there's this change, a sort of 180 degree turn, that the Americans have not been blinded by the color this time. But there are some parts of his plans and platforms that I don't totally agree on. This is my opinion and who-the-heck cares on my opinion when I'm not even an American nor a migrant. And Obama winning is meant to be. Ito ay nasusulat. Hahaha! (It is written.) Obama won and so be it as what he said God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America.

(my fave part of Obama's winning speech)

America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves -- if our children should live to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long as Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have made?
This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment.
This is our time, to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope. And where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can.

Also, I want the US' voting system! So cool! Ah, do not ever compare it to our dear country -- the latest tech tools Manila paper and pentel pens and boards and chalks. And lo! Though his supporters do not want to accept defeat, McCain still delivered this nice words (from his concession speech):

This is an historic election, and I recognize the special significance it has for African-Americans and for the special pride that must be theirs tonight.

Sen. Obama and I have had and argued our differences, and he has prevailed. No doubt many of those differences remain. These are difficult times for our country, and I pledge to him tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face.

I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our goodwill and earnest effort to find ways to come together, to find the necessary compromises, to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited.
Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that.
It is natural tonight to feel some disappointment, but tomorrow we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again. We fought — we fought as hard as we could.
Tonight — tonight, more than any night, I hold in my heart nothing but love for this country and for all its citizens, whether they supported me or Sen. Obama, I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and will be my president.
And I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties but to believe always in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here.
Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history. Thank you, and God bless you, and God bless America.
Kung sa Pilipinas pa yan, they would demand a recount for there have been vote-buying, ballot box snatching and many more shits mess. Their election is so ideal, from the fast voting system to the sportsmanship shown by the defeated opponent. We go with their fads but why don't we imitate something like this?
**********
I've been to an interview a while ago and gah I got home with a depleted brain! That accounting/finance exam drained all that my brain contains! Lols! I took 6 exams and a total of not less than 600 items! That was way too much! I waited for 2 hours to answer a 3-hour exam. Tomorrow, I would know the result. I would want to work for this particular company. My Mom is okay with it and my Dad (naks, Dad??) approves of it. They know the president, the company is good, is stable and is growing, and the salary meets my expected range of salary. But I doubt that I'll pass the exam. Haha! If God permits that I'll get this job, I would take it for experience. I really don't like the offered position but who knows? My parents and even my sister told me that they have a conducive working environment. Plus it is near home. Oh goodbye, Makati, then! Tomorrow I have another 9am interview (and I'm still up at this wee hour) and I hope that this be better. I'm curious of what this multinational co. is? Pa-mystery effect pang nalalaman!
On my way home, I sort of got lost! Hahaha! I'm not familiar with the place! But being lost I think was a blessing in disguise because I got to see again and again the beauty of God's creations. I got to see the sky and the clouds. That place where there are no tall buildings. I love looking and stare at the sky. I'm always amazed by cloud formations. So I took pictures of them. And so I walked on and I saw these tall, sexy, foreigner ladies, contestants of some pageant and there were a lot of people around them taking their photos. And then I walked on and I saw Booksale!!! And again I spent money for magazines. Broke broke broke. And I continued walking and alas I saw EDSA Central and it was my first time to step my feet in it but I just passed by. And this was random, it is??
Let me end with these photos (I'm not a photographer or an aspiring one so forgive me for these shots ^_^) and with one of my fave lines from McCain's concession speech:


And though we fell short, the failure is mine, not yours.

No comments: