Wednesday, May 15, 2013

198. Wednesday Whateverisms

"I knew when I said
I love you
that I was inventing a new alphabet
for a city where no one could read
that I was saying my poems
in an empty theater
and pouring my wine
for those who could not
taste it."
-Nizar Qabbani (1957)


We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. (-E.E. Cummings)



If you're going to fall in love with me...

I hope you feel beautiful today.

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. (-Maya Angelou)

There's a story behind everything...

No comments: