Thursday, March 28, 2013

160. They are new every morning...

Sing with me!



They are new every morning.
Great is thy faithfulness...


Isn't it wonderful that there is a loving, merciful and gracious God?

I woke up today in an almost rant mood 'whyyyyy am I to go to work in a supposed-to-be-holiday????'. But, each morning that my ears start to be awake and lively functioning from sleep and upon opening my eyes, I try to start by uttering a simple prayer, 'Thank You Lord'. It's hard! I should be enjoying myself at the comforts of my bed, doing a marathon - book, series, movie - surfing the net, going to and from the kitchen to eat, play with our cat, enjoyingly tease the sibs, and countless ways to kill time of a holiday -- how can I thank the Lord when I'll be doing reports and analysis when I should be having a vacation? Ay nako! I stopped thinking and snapped away the almost-in-rant mood. Because if I did not, I know you know it couldn't get any grumpier. Instead, I started to think of a praise song and this came into my mind... And then I realized WOW! The love of my Creator, my savior, my confidant, my everything, is NEW every morning! Nakakatuwa lang isipin. If a normal person nga is direly in love, he or she can give you a new kind of chocolate/cupcake/cake/donut/macaroons/ice cream (syempre ginutom ko sarili ko) each day, or flowers or cards or a simple text message each day, MORE SO our GOD! Imagine the endless possibilities each day when His love is NEW EVERY MORNING! Kilig!! Syempre it's not always tangible. He won't just send a bird that would drop you a Patchi chocolate out of nowhere. But allow your heart, soul and mind to be open. What God's love sends every morning is far better!

And so, the almost-in-rant-and-grumpy mood of Merie woke up and got out of bed happily. :)

No comments: