Just like that and it’s the second half of the year already! How swift time flies! I like to believe that my first-half wasn’t bad at all but not that thrilling as well. I have the second-half though and I want to be as productive as I could be – in all possible aspects. I’m listing down some of my second-half resolutions/wishes/to-dos to help myself make the rest of 2013 the best year so far!
- Read MORE. I’ve said this many times to myself. I’ve read an article wherein the writer reads a hundred books a year!! Not that I aim for the same quantity but I want to do reading as a habit and not just some form of “whenever-I-feel-like-doing-so” type of thing. As of now, I have 12 books pending to be read and a whole lot to purchase and read. How I wish I could read a book a day just to catch up fairlywith the no. of books released each month! But for now, I guess I’ll try to stick to a-book-a-week at the least.
- SAVE! Isn’t this four-letter word familiar to everyone’s resolutions? How I wish there’d come a time wherein I would tell myself to SPEND naman MERIE, SPEND!! Masyado kang matipid gumastos ka!! Don’t you just wish that as well? But reality is I need to save. I’m already thinking of long-term plans and reality check, money is a vital aspect. I need to save more!!!
- Travel to at least one LOCAL DESTINATION. The first half passed by and I was in the NCR the whole time!!! Fine, I’ve been to where, Tagaytay, only yet. This is unusual of me! Since I was a baby, and in gradeschool, as a girl scout and as someone with relatives scattered around the Philippines, it is unusual of me to be confined inside National Capital Region. I say at least ONE, because of course I need to do that no.2 up there.
- TRAVEL OUT-OF-THE-COUNTRY. Since I got my passport already, this is a NEED and must be before 2013 ends!!! This is excluded in no.2 above hahaha! But of course!
- Increase my DEVOTION TIME!! Sadly, I’ve been struggling on this one. I always try to find a time to read the Bible and talk to Him, but if He’d be like a slightly jealous boyfriend I would hear words such as “you’re too busy, I hope we could spend more time together, I miss you so much.” :( I need all the power to wake up earlier than my usual alarm to do so! It’s so much better having devotion in the morning than at night! Aaah how did I manage dawn watch back in college??? Signs of aging?? Nooo! =))
- Find time to try to COOK. Because I need to prep myself to be a good housewife! Hahaha!
- FIX my CLOSET. It’s crazy inside my closet and it gets crazier everyday!! Must sort clothes out and give away those that I haven’t used for a year or so.
- WARDROBE UPDATE. I felt like my taste for clothes have changed. I’m leaning towards the basics and the classics. I’ve gone past the experimental stage hahaha. Tamad na ko mag-layer-layer. I just want to wear a simple classy top and bottom then accessorize. And also, I like solid and dark colors more. But I still have no.2 resolution up there. This is starting to be an ironic list!
- Get a DRIVER’S LICENSE and practice DRIVING. This is one of the things I highly DO NOT prioritize. Hahaha! But how can God bless me with a car if I don’t even have the “skills”, actually I have an answer, I’ll hire myself a driver. Hahahaha! But I should give attention to this now. Crap quarter-life crisis hahaha!
- SKETCH, PAINT and WRITE MORE. Because they only get better through time and practice and they’re already gathering dust and getting rusty. And so are my materials!
- Buy myself a PIANO and play.
- Play a SPORT. Volleyball or badminton. And exercise comes along with it. Haha!
So… Second-half would be pretty busy and these are just SOME of my mental-noted resolutions. Hahaha! Lezdothisss!