Saturday, November 8, 2014

Luke's 27th in another Country

I am yet to blog on our Singapore trip (maybe n months from now hahaha) but here's a post on how we celebrated Luke's birthday in another country.

This SG trip is sort of our birthday gifts to ourselves and one factor that made this trip worth it, was Luke got to spend his birthday with his Mom and sister who were also in Singapore that time around (his Mom resides in SG by the way).

For Luke's birthday, I decided to book a somewhat luxury hotel with a pool so he could feel "special" on this important day. I opted for Parc Sovereign Hotel in Tyrwhitt. It was the best decision made and a very good hotel choice. After reading reviews in TripAdvisor, I decided to book this four-star hotel in Agoda.

I couldn't agree more with this humble hotel's superb service. I will not forgot Uncle James who very willingly assisted us and addressed our questions! Check-in was at 1PM but since we had other plans for that day, based on our itinerary, we arrived at 10AM in this hotel. AND YES. They allowed us an early check-in at 11AM! The rooms are not that big but are well-kept and clean and the room style is minimalist. I really liked it! The toilet area and bathroom are also tiny but clean! For a slim lady like me, I don't mind at all. I liked the hotel and service a lot that I gave good reviews on both sites I mentioned above.

And so enough of the praises and good review of the hotel, allow me to take you to my photo diary on Luke's simple birthday celebration.

A cake and a card are non-negotiable's for the past five years of Luke's birthday celebration together. And since I was in a foreign land, I was not too familiar where to buy the best cakes or if I found some, they're either too expensive (SGD) or need to be ordered few days before the event. It was a good thing that I found Twelve Cupcakes somewhere. Hirap e walang Red Ribbon or Goldilucks para sumaklolo sa kin haha! Pero medyo mabigat pa rin sa bulsa! It's equivalent to a really good and yummy and personalized cake here in the Philippines. Even the card I bought somewhere in Bras Basah complex cost almost a hundred! Hahaha! Anyway, I was just glad I managed to come up with such!
On the morning of his birthday, I made coffee to welcome his waking up! Simple but sweet hahaha! Maraming salamat sa hotel para sa complimentary coffee.

As seen in the photos below we spent a good hour or so on top of the hotel, by and in the pool. It was sooooo good most especially in Singapore's humid and hot November weather. Their rooftop and pool are two reasons why I liked and decided to book this hotel.
Here is the birthday boy relaxing and not minding at all! 
I had my own relaxation too noh!
Of course, birthdays should be spent eating good food! After some searching online regarding where to eat we then decided to eat in Din Tai Fung the one in Paragon Center (it also has a branch in Marina Bay Sands). It's famous for its dimsum and dumplings.
Picture in front of the giant Christmas Tree in Paragon. Awkward face on right photo haha!
Look at this birthday boy. We enjoyed the food but since Din Tai Fung restaurant don't usually run out of customers, we were too shy to stay for long to savour our food. 
I know if I ask him what's the best part of his birthday in SG was?? The photo below tells the story. Nike outlet shopping! 
I don't know about him but I enjoyed celebrating his birthday in another country. Another first experience for him. More than this celebration, I prayed that in his birthday and days to come, may he be truly happy inside, more than places and material things can offer.

No comments: