Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Oh Hello There Another Year



And just like that, it's already 2014! 2013 brought amazing things to me, some are even unexpected ones. It was a trail to my self-acceptance. It was a year with so many things I feel grateful about. It was a year of realizations and solidifying who I really am. And as the first page of another 365-page-book unfolds, I can firmly say I am moving forward. I'm holding on to what God's word is in Philippians 3:13-15 most especially the verse "But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.." This should be my life mantra as I face this year. Also, most importantly, the verses mention on pressing on towards Christ, who should matter the most. I should trust Him more, know more and deeply about Him, too. Still not forgetting my favorite verses though: Jeremiah 29:11 and Proverbs 3:5.  I am gonna conquer this year 2014 once again, together with God, my family, Luke, my boyfriend, and my friends.

In 2013, I traveled really lesser than the previous years, but I can say it was "grand".  This year, I pray to travel more and 2014 will take me to places -- not just places per se, but different kinds of destinations. Places like finding new coffee shops I can consider home, a new job maybe, libraries, museums, new shops, a new hang-out place, restaurants -- just all sorts of places. But also, new local destinations, and hopefully another international destination or a couple maybe. I am planning on another really really grand abroad travel which I am still praying for (reminds me to do better in praying and fasting haha!) And I claim this!

This 2014, I pray for more love -- more love that I can give to my family, Luke, even to those I barely know; and feel more loved. May I always find joy even in the most trivial things that I do. May I always remember to do my best and for His glory. I pray for a lot of blessings for me and the people who surround me, and that our cups will overflow it would be hard to contain, and that we have no room but to pass it on. I claim breakthroughs once again this year -- breakthroughs that will serve as testimonies. I pray for another memorable and grand year. I pray for a 2014 that is filled with another set of wonderful and amazing things. And with this, I thank You Lord, that you allowed me to face this year yet again and I claim that it will be the best yet.


No comments: