Sunday, March 16, 2014

Relying on God

I've had bad times and moments because of my frustrations. But I've learned to trust God and lift them all up to Him. I've learned to always ask for His guidance and believe in His purpose in me. One day I was too frustrated that I already cried to myself. Then I have very timely encountered this devotional and it greatly helped. I found myself crying to Him. Since then, I relied more on the Author of my story. Life became more bearable. He worked on and through my frustrations.
Relying on God 

I believe every time we feel frustration, it means we've really stopped relying on God. That might sound like a bold statement to you, but think about it: God's given you and me His Holy Spirit and His grace to help us walk through anything that comes our way. Frustration hits when we stop depending on Him and try to make something happen our own way.
Understanding this really helped me. Every time I became frustrated, I reminded myself that what I was really doing was trying to take the place of the Holy Spirit. I was trying to be Holy Spirit Junior! 

Do you struggle with an independent spirit? When you refuse to depend on God, in essence, you're saying, "Okay, God, I appreciate that You're around, but watch me do this." Depending on God for everything may be difficult, but it's the key to the victory we need every single day of our lives. 

When God saved us, He didn't help us and then say, "Ok, that's it. You're on your own now!" He's eternally saved us, which means if we depend on Him, He will guide us and help us. 

Galations 5:16 urges us to "walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit...then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh".... Notice that it doesn't say "conquer the flesh independently...then you will certainly not gratify the desires of the flesh." No, it says to live in the Holy Spirit. 

Choose to stop living independently, and rely on the Holy Spirit. I promise you won't regret it! (Joyce Meyer)

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 
-Galatians 5:16

No comments: