Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Four Years Estimates Manila

My motto in blogging or documenting anything is "better late than never". You'll probably read it countless of times here just like now! Haha! 

I've mentioned in some blog post/s some time ago of how I was part of a pioneer team in Factset Philippines, the company we've all become somehow attached with. Let me do some reminiscing and reunion, of the four years of the relationship we have with each other, with our boss, and with the team we pioneered.
This was us four years ago. It was in March 1, 2010 when we met each other for the first time. And yes up until now, even though we went in our own separate ways, we still try to remain in contact with each other. As you can see, the photos above are proofs of why I was known of my full bangs. I was in a full bangs phase ya know and I kind of miss it. Haha! We were nine who pioneered the Estimates Manila team. And I must say, with a brag, that Z had really came up with the best possible team combo -- that's us nine. Hahaha! 
This is what Luke and I call, the McKinely park. A lot of things happened here. March 6 of this year, I tried to gather us nine as Z who flew from Paris was in town. Unsuccessful, but at least we were seven present in our mini reunion. From those who already left the above mentioned company, I was the first to arrived and I headed to this park. I tell you, kulang na lang ng magandang camera and background music, I can already be part of a music video which I imagine being shot in this park. Hahaha! Complete with teary eyes haha. I recalled almost everything!! I remember those days when we buy something from 7-11 and/or Pan de Manila and sit in this very park savoring our break time. This is also a favorite spot for me and Luke to talk about things and I still remember those days that no one still knows that the both of us are already in a relationship. Naging laman kami ng mga haka-haka at tsismis. Artista si Luke e hahaha! And yes this park still holds our secret conversations. Even with the batches after us, I know that they frequent this park to spend their break time, too. Also, when I feel like emo-ish I go to this park alone and just breathe air. I'm not sure how much memories this park holds for each member of the Estimates team, but for mine alone, it already holds a lot.
Our mini celebration is complete with a greeting cake!! It's no longer a surprise to Z but I know he's happy seeing the majority of us! :) The reunion feeling of finally seeing each other! I haven't seen Ping, Jason and Ja for more than a year!! I recall how each one of us is a representative of one personality type in Enneagram -- that's how varied our personalities are and yet we somehow clicked with each other. 
After some mini catching up with each other, we decided to have dinner at SF Bistro in Tuscany. The gap between the present and the last time we saw each other was filled with kwentos, pang-aasar, tsismisan and eating in between. So much happened, so many new faces, new batches, new love teams -- dating from the days we began. Estimates have grown to be bigger in terms of headcount but also in terms of memories and bond and relationship. Ang dami nang pangyayari.
We all look happy right??Cheer lives up to her name. Hahaha! Also, very belated happy birthday Dax!!! Haha! Personally, I'm glad to have seen these people again. I'm glad that we've all become better persons by the mere way we cope up and talk about the past. Our paths have crossed at one point, may still be close with each others' at this point, some have trailed farther, but I believe there is still this bond that we share. Kahit walang habas kami kung tumawa at mang-asar lang na magkakasama, alam ko na meron kaming natutunan sa bawat isa. Each one contributed to who we are now. For that each one is special. Maybe that's why we are puzzle pieces perfectly fit for a pioneer team. We are also proud of what the team have become.
Someday, I hope to reunite us nine complete. I hope that when that time comes, we have happier stories to share; that we may be able to inspire each other, to relate to each other; to give pieces of advice to each other; or maybe we'll cross paths on the same company someday. I miss the so-so and relaxed days with them. I miss how childish we can be with each other. I miss how bullying is acceptable among us. Actually, I somehow miss those everyday we were together when we were just starting the team.
We also visited the lobby of the FPI in PCCI Bldg. We also recalled how when we were starting with just one floor, a tiny pantry but now, the company has grown operating in two buildings with a total of five floors and three pantries plus coffee nooks. Hahaha! And the free drinks! Si Kuya Guard o photobomber. Oh that's Cheer and Jason, just one of Cheer's love teams when she was still with Factset hahaha! 
And then after their shifts and Z's meetings, together with Mama Mia and the TL's, had a couple of drinks and more catching up. It was rather a short time with them but it was so good to be back and be reunited.  Maybe there should be a GRAND REUNION of all the batches and each one who became Estimates that would be so muuuuch fun! 

We all know why I'm thankful of this team, first it paved way for me and Luke :D Then it made me appreciate more the course I graduated in. Through this team I was able to meet people who have become my strong motivators. I have gained a lot of friends, too. We may be resigned from this department, but we will forever be a proud FS Estimates member. 

No comments: