Friday, April 5, 2013

167. Walkway 2013



On Holy Weeks most especially on the Thursday and Friday of it, years back, if we are not elsewhere taking vacation away from the city, my parents would always take me with them to church hearing the teachings on the Seven Last Words of Jesus. But ever since I got into the corporate world, snatching away most of the Philippine holidays away from me (lol), I have not attended such again. One thing that I like about attending this kind of service is being able to reflect on the very essence of why there is a holy week. It's not just about having vacation. It's also about reflecting on the ultimate sacrifice Jesus did around 2000 years ago. All because of the Father's GREAT GREAT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. But let me also say that holy week is not just the only time to reflect, there are 51 other weeks and 358 other days to do it.


I was really thankful that I work in the area wherein Walkway was placed, I was able to attend to it. Walkway is a Holy Week activity that is similar to the stations of the cross with a twist. That's the way I would define it. Each stop gives you an event on the life of Christ, from Palm Sunday to his resurrection that you can ponder on or relate to. This year included acts like writing a prayer, picking up a prayer written by someone and praying for it, carrying a cross, entering a dark tunnel, giving back to charity, signing for a signature campaign for the environment, and more. These are the stuff I classify as a twist.

When I did it, I tried to enter in a state of reflection and deep discernment, despite the many people walking around, some were strolling and even curiously staring at the people doing it. And yes, despite all these I fell in love deeper with my Savior. Wow. I found myself in moments of so much gratitude though I know to whatever extent my gratitude might be, it wouldn't suffice the extent of what He did. Hayyyy. Just thank You sooooo much, Lord! I am not worthy. I do a lot of unpleasant things. And yet He love me just the same.

Thanks to Walkway for being an instrument for me to 'experiencing Holy Week'. I pray that it was able to touch more souls and maybe turn unbelievers to believers.



Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
Luke 23:42-43





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: