Monday, April 29, 2013

182. Monday Musings: The one that scares you the most...


http://memoriessewprecious.wordpress.com/2012/01/

When you have two good options, always go with the one that scares you the most, because that’s the one that’s going to help you grow.


I came across this phrase while reading one article from Marc and Angel’s blog (one blog that I really visit often for some occasional boost). Months ago I can say that I related to these words. I chose the one that scared me more, the one that I’m uncertain of. I took a leap out of my comfort zone. At first I thought that it wasn’t turning out fine. I questioned myself if I made the right decision. I had depressing thoughts at night. I had gloomy days. I felt like my future turned murkier and I was like in a dismal situation. I even prayed to God that I feel like He mislead me (I can really be personal and harsh with my prayers at times). It was so bad that it was hard to utter a prayer of thanks. It was even difficult to believe that good things can still happen (I know it’s OA but as mentioned I have depressing thoughts funny looking back). I prayed. I held (and still holding) on to His promises. I tried and tried to believe though it was so hard but, first, it was the right attitude to be, and second, it's the very essence of the words themselves "leap of faith".. But everything just falls into its proper place in His time. And I must admit that up to now, the pieces are slowly filling in the puzzle.

Coming across the passage above, INDEED, the decision paved way to a higher learning curve, a place of intensification, strengthening me, amplification of the small things I might have ignored all the while, career-advancement, self-growth. Looking back, I smile because I know and God makes me feel that I made the right assessment of taking that leap of faith. Funny, I feel like I’m more certain of what ‘could-have-been’ if I made the other choice. And with this it’s not pure self-proclaim good decision that I made but because of His guidance of which I’m really thankful for. If I face yet another crossroad I would be less afraid and know better I guess. Occasionally, one just really needs to be brave enough, pray, pray, pray and believe.

No comments: